Institutions: RGZM - Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum Mainz
Developers: Florian Thiery (RGZM) & Allard Mees (RGZM)
Vocabulary: Vättern Edition
Abstract: A proposal ontology and web app for transforming a correspondence analyses with fixed and floating time intervals to a relative chronology and RDF representation using Allen's interval algebra.
Copyright: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
About this Document: This document is based on the GEOJSON-LD VOCABULARY by Sean Gillies (Mapbox) with a CC BY 4.0 license.
The Alligator Method
- Step 1: All 3D distances between the CA time periods are calculated
- Step 2: The nearest 3D CA neighbours for start and end years of the floating intervals towards intervals with fixed values are located
- Step 3: the result is stored as a “calculated virtual fuzzy year”
- Step 4: the intermediate result of the fixed and floating time intervals is stored as a list of “virtual fuzzy start and end years”
- Step 5: the “virtual fuzzy years” are transformed to relative time intervals using Allen interval algebra
- Step 6: create a RDF representation in order to achieve a representation of the state of knowledge concerning the temporal sequences of time intervals, which is transparent, interoperable, semantically described and machine readable
- Step 7: visualisation of the results
- Step 8: look for contradictions
- Step 9: resolve them and start with step 1